I have been waiting for a fine day to remove the racetech 4009W to check the mounts, she’s been flexing a bit since the Hampton Downs track day and after Manfeild I figured I had to yank the seat and check the mounts.. I checked all the mount bolts and screwed them down a little but the flexing was still there so I pulled the seat and the sliders out only to discover a big hole in the floorpan where one of the fasteners had been..
you can see the tear in the top right of the carpet cutaway and the hole is clearly visible as well, I can’t get the camera to focus on it so I will take some more shots when the car is on the hoist at Firestone later in the week..
I’ll remove as much of the front carpet as possible and because of a few cable access mods I made to the carpet I can essentially peel back the driver’s floor rug without having to touch the passenger side floor.. I’ll play it safe and weld up the tears in the floor and then stitch weld a new nut and plate over the floor, I will check the four mounts and if need be rebuild all of them for peace of mind.. I am glad to have found the problem because it was creating all kinds of problems in terms of the seat being twisted and flexing under cornering loads..
The family car’s next trackday is Sept 11 at Manfeild so we have some time to get her back to tip top shape for then