Well I’ve been a very slack bugger and not posted on here for a while – could make a head of excuses, but you guys don’t care
A lot has happened in the last few weeks with the project. Was talking to Tom the other night and he announced that he was going to drive the Beddy around for the weekend at Muscle Car Madness at the end of January. I said that was great and I was expecting it to be finished by the end of January 2012 anyway. He said “Nah mate, I mean the next one in 2 months”. I knew Tom was mad, but I didn’t realise he was crazy! So – lots to do and little time to do it in. Of course it won’t be finished – not by a long shot, but it will be drivable. I still think he’s crazy and keep telling him it isn’t going to happen, but he assures me it will and he works best under pressure lol. Here is a pic of how it was looking when he decided this a week or so ago:
So – part of the deal with Tom getting it done so quickly was that I would go out and help him any Monday I could and one day every second weekend. I had my first day out there last Monday and the mission for the day was to get the rear of the chassis mocked up. What a great day – I am handy around the house and can use most tools to build thing etc but have never been let loose with welders/grinders/cutters etc. Grinding and cutting was easy enough (except for the loss of a bit of skin here and there) and Tom let me do stuff that he was actually going to use, but I think it will be a while before he lets me weld anything “real”. He managed to take some ‘spy’ shots of me at work and made me promise to put them up here – so here goes:
And despite me being there and getting under Toms feat, here is what we got done:
Still a long way to go – but it’s getting there.
Tom also told me I needed to sort out what seat I was going to run in the cab as he needed to know what he was doing with the rear of the chassis. I was going to put buckets in it, then I was going to put a bench out of a late model Falcon ute, then I saw a 70′s Bedford truck cab on TradeMe that had a bench seat in it – and it had a nice steering wheel and wind up doors – I HAD to have it. So now we have 2 Bedford cabs and are going to chop both up and use the bottom of the 70′s one and the top of the 50′s one. That’s the plan at this stage anyway – watch this space…..