Man I’m slack – it’s been a heck of a long time since I posted last. I could blame lots of things – including the BIG earthquake we had here in Christchurch, but in reality I have been busy doing sweet stuff all.
Luckily the same can’t be said for the ‘Project Inbred’. But just when I thought things were going well, it was decided that the Beddy should come home for a while, partly because I don’t have the money to get any more sheet metal work done and partly because Tom needs the room for real paying clients.
Even though I was pissed that the work had to stop on the Beddy it was pretty cool to get it home. My first job is to try and remove some of the 30 odd years of grease and grime that has built up on the engine. What a shit of a job. I took the rocker covers and exhaust manifolds off and intend to clean them up and paint them – next mission is finding somewhere I can get exhaust gaskets for a 345 International, funnily enough Repco, Silvester V8 and even NZ Gaskets don’t stock them. The good news is I found a web site where you can get anything for a 345 from as gasket to a full engine rebuild kit – but of course at a price.
I’ll take some photos of how the engine is looking and post some progress next week ( I promise lol). Next mission will be to take the wheels off and clean them up and recon the brakes.
Here are some of the latest photos, as I can bleat on all day, but it’s all about how it looks…….